Benefits of Membership
Foto Source is an alliance of over 175 members, representing over 200 stores that are owned and operated by independent photo retailers across Canada. As a member, you would become part of one of the most dynamic and respected photographic buying/marketing groups in Canada.
It’s through our strength in numbers, our commitment to excellence and our sense of community that we help our members succeed and thrive in the face of an ever-changing marketplace.
Why join Foto Source?
- Foto Source is owned and operated by members
- Members continue to operate as independent retailers. This is not a franchise operation.
- Exceptional buying power and resources – we have the buying power of over 200 stores across Canada
- Outstanding marketing initiatives including:
- Foto Depot – leading-edge online imaging solution so consumers can go online to buy photo-related gift items from you and also print, store and share their images
- Free website with your store name so you can promote your store online
- National and regional promotions
- Consumer e-newsletters
- And, much, much more
- Be part of a community – we have over 175 members (representing over 200 stores) that are independent photo retailers like you. This is one of the greatest benefits of membership that is often overlooked but greatly appreciated by our members.
- Maximum discounts and rebates with listed vendors
- Foto Source profits are distributed to the membership
- Efficient online buying from vendors (suppliers) through the Foto Smart system
- Quarterly payments of rebates
- Volume incentive program (VIP)
- Full benefits of co-op
- Business workshops
- Foto Source branded product
- No-fault camera warranty program
- Annual General Meeting and Regional Meetings including seminars, training, and exchange of ideas
- Open and honest exchange amongst members at regional meetings
- The ability to exchange merchandise among the membership
- Listed vendors offering discounts or rebates in non-photographic areas such as insurance, clothing, business forms, credit card rates, and point of sale systems for your store
Requirements of Membership
A prospective member of Foto Source must (1) specialize primarily in the sales of cameras and accessories in one or more locations OR (2) be operating a retail photofinishing laboratory (more than 50% of total business) in one or more locations.
Prospective members of Foto Source must also provide the following:
- Application and initiation fee
- Annual Membership fee, paid quarterly
- Yearly purchase figures from four major vendors
- Current financial statement
- Security agreement/Letter of Credit
Periodically, special offers are available on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis to the members. Members are expected to support these initiatives as it is in their best interest and that of the group to do so. Various promotions are planned at the general meetings or by committee and participation by all members is not mandatory but is expected. The major cost for these promotions is usually paid by vendors. Other advertising and promotional support, such as ad makers and POP material is provided as desired by the majority of the membership on a cost sharing basis. Rebates to members are paid only on accounts that are current and in good standing. It is highly recommended that members of Foto Source attend the general meetings where the goals and plans of the membership are set and voted on. Each member after becoming a shareholder has one vote regardless of size or number of locations.
PLEASE NOTE: All new members are on a trial basis for one year.